- Registration for MIT’s OP SIM COM is now open! This 4 day online competition will be held April 4-7 and is open to all Masters level students studying business (e.g. MBA, Supply Chain, Operations Research. No Ph.D students). This year $5000 in prize money will be dived among the top teams. Registration must be submitted by March 31, 2013; 9PM EDT.
- Avnet announces their annual Fall 2012 Supply Chain Challenge will be held on November 10, 2012. Registration opens on October 8, 2012. Winning team members will be awarded cash scholarships.
- Our simulation products do not observe Daylight Saving Time. When clocks spring forward on Sunday March 11, 2012 it will not affect any running games. All games will continue uninterrupted for the duration of the assignment--they do not spring forward.
- The MIT Operations club announces its eighth annual OpSimCom Littlefield competition will be held April 12 - 15, 2012.
- Many clocks Fall back in early November. Our online games do not observe Daylight Saving Time. Simulator engines will continue running at the specified rate for the full duration of the assignment. Students and administrators please take note, and adjust your plans accordingly.
- Find out about our online prerequisite skill assessment and tutorial software for MBAs at the AACSB Accreditation conference; September 25-27, 2011 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- We are proud to announce the latest Foundations Spreadsheets Module: Excel 2010! Please contact us for details.
- Congratulations to the winners of the 2011 MIT Sloan OpsSimCom sponsored by SmartOps: Krannert School of Management, Purdue University (1st), Lee Kong Chian School of Business, Singapore Management University (2nd), Leonard N. Stern School of Business, New York University (3rd). A total of 141 teams competed.
- Many clocks spring forward in March. Our online games do not observe Daylight Saving Time. Simulator engines will continue running at the specified rate for the full duration of the assignment. Students and administrators take note, and adjust accordingly.
- Congratulations to the winners of the 2nd annual Avnet / RedPrairie Supply Chain Game Challenge: Vanderbilt (1st), NYU Stern (2nd) and Arizona State (3rd). A total of 105 teams competed. For more details please read the debrief PDF document.
- Congratulations to Sunil Kumar, co-developer of Littlefield, on his appointment to Dean of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
- Avnet and RedPrairie announce their second annual Littlefield Technologies competition will be held on February 12, 2011.
- The electronic beergame has been enhanced. Plots of historic orders and inventory levels are now available as well as more detailed teaching notes and a powerpoint deck explaining how to the play the game.
- Littlefield Labs is available in Russian.
- UC San Diego wins the sixth annual OpSimCom Littlefield competition.
- UC San Diego wins the Avnet / RedPrairie Littlefield competition.
- The MIT Operations club announces its sixth annual OpSimCom Littlefield competition to be held April 8 - 10, 2010.
- Avnet and RedPrairie will sponsor their first Littlefield Technologies competition will be held on February 20.
- Periodic review added as an inventory control option for Littlefield assignments. Inventory expiration is also added. As a result, policies only requiring the Newsvendor model can be implemented.
- Admissions policy based on a maximum WIP limit is added as a possible student decision parameter in Littlefield.
- An MIT student team wins the fifth annual OpSimCom Littlefield competition.